Changes to officeholders including resignation, removal and death must be notified to Companies Registries within 15 days after the cessation for registration.
From the Main Toolbar, go to Company
Select the Company from the list
CAS 360 will display a list of the company Officers.
Beside the Officer, change the status field from Appointed to Resigned, Removed or Deceased
The ceased date will default to today's date. Users can edit the cease date via the ceased date field
To accept and save the change, under options, click
The Print option will be automatically flagged
Click to Prepare the forms and documents.
Sole Director Company
Note that Companies need to have at least one director at all times. If the resigned director is a sole director of the company, ensure a new director is appointed first before the existing director is ceased. See Appointing a Director (Officer).
By selecting Prepare Forms CAS 360 will display the Document Production screen and automatically select the documents required:
- Cover Letter
- Directors Minutes or Resolution
- Members Minutes or Resolution
- Register of Officers
- Resignation Letter
- Form ND4 - Notice of Change of Company Secretary and Director (for directors and/or secretaries and/or alternate directors)
- Form ND2A - Notice of Change of Company Secretary and Director (for directors and/or secretaries and/or alternate directors)
- Form ND5 - Notice of Change of Reserve Director (for reserve directors)
- Form ND8 - Notice of Resignation of Reserve Director (for reserve directors)
Select the icon to change any of the document settings. Different options will appear depending on the document type.
Form ND4/ND2A and ND5/ND8
While the form ND4 (ND8 for reserve directors) is signed by the resigning officer themselves, the form ND2A (ND5 for reserve directors) is used to resign or remove an officer, signed under the capacity of another officer.
Once signed by a director or the company secretary, this form can be delivered by post or in person to "The Companies Registry, 14th floor, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong". If the form is delivered by post but the Registrar has not received it, the form will not be regarded as having been delivered to the Registrar in satisfaction of the relevant provision of the Companies Ordinance.